Sunday, December 1, 2013

Oops! It's December

    I was a little surprised today to realize that it's Dec. 1. Things have been so busy that I wasn't considering the date.

   We've had two major dumps of snow so I've been busy shoveling. We're going to get another dump of snow tonight. A couple of other things are going on in my life and they have stolen my mind and kept me busy.

   Usually I'm obsessively watching sunset time for each day. Usually I have noticed that the days are much shorter and the sun is going down very early. I haven't even thought of those things this year.

If I watch we also get some great sky colors at this time of year. Reminder to self. Take the camera in the afternoon.

    So today the sun rose at 8:22 AM and is setting at 16:26 PM. That gives us 8 hours and 4 minutes of sun. We are very close to the time when the sun doesn't set much earlier. Here the earliest the sun sets is 16:23 PM so you see we're almost there. 

Lights on the house from last year

    December may have surprised me but I do have my house Christmas lights up.

16 comments:

  1. Very nice Red! We didn't even start thinking of Christmas yet. This week we celebrate 'Sinterklaas' first.. ;-)

    I hope that you'll have a great week!
    http://dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look up the Sinterklass celebration. It sounds like Santa Claus who comes on a different date. It's a good think to follow blogs from another country as you learn so much.
      We are having a major blizzard...lots of snow.

      Delete
  2. You are getting some nasty weather out there I hear Red. keep warm and have fun in all your snow. Glad you got your lights up. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not problems keeping warm. I lived out doors so much that I know what to do. So I enjoy the snow.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean! Suddenly the calendar was flipped!!!
    And you've had winter weather for days!
    Cheers from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny this year as usually I'm looking at the calendar.
      I still love winter.

      Delete
  4. Yes the winter is coming with december here too. Last night the first frost and inn a couple of days snow... Here we go again, it sounds like it was yesterday... Time flies when you get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time flies when we're older or else we slow down. Enjoy your winter.

      Delete
  5. We were in Fairbanks once in June. Very strange reading the newspaper with no lights on at 3 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved 24 hour day light. Where I was the sun didn't set from June 6 to July 7. Of course, the sun didn't rise Dec. 6 to Jan 7.

      Delete
  6. you are far more decorated than i am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's all that's going to happen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack..I hate the dark except on warm summer nights when there are no bugs. Your home looks warm and welcoming:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it could be worse. Where I was in the arctic the sun is not rising now until Jan. 7. Through in some cloudy days and it's pretty dark.

      Delete
  9. Red, The last post of yours that showed on my reading list is BY REQUEST. It Happens from time to time I can access your later posts manually from your URL. I am at a loss as to what you can do. I'll give the matter some thought.
    Now that is what I call snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red that's awesome you have your lights up, the cold set in before I could get mine up... next week hopefully.

    So we're close to the turn around where ever so slowly the days will show us more light, the countdown is on! lol It seems we live in darn near total darkness for a few weeks, I'll have to increase my dose of Vit. D to keep those blahs away.

    And I haven't noticed your posts in the news feed, I haven't checked yet this morning but will keep an eye on this and let you know if it changes.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete